- 100g whole-grain mustard
- 20g shallot, minced
- 20g garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground
- black peppercorns
- 2 spatchcocks, deboned
- Oil, according to preference
- 300ml chicken stock
- 80g carrot, chopped
- 80g parsnip, chopped
- 80g celeriac, chopped
- 300g unsalted butter
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 oysters, shucked
- 2 sprigs spring onions, sliced
Chef’s Tip: Replace spatchcocks with two spring chickens.
1. Rub marinade thoroughly over the birds. Leave
2. Heat a little oil in a pan until slightly smoking. Sear birds, skin side down, until crisp for about 3 minutes. Place birds in oven preheated to 250Â°C. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until juice from thigh of bird runs clear. Keep warm in oven at low temperature.
3. Bring chicken stock to boil. Add carrots, parsnip and celeriac. Cook until vegetables are soft. Strain vegetables and reserve stock.
4. Bring stock to a boil again. Add butter a little at a time and whisk until it is well incorporated with the chicken stock. Season to taste.
5. Add vegetables and oysters. Simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Place an equal portion of vegetables and oysters on two plates and drizzle stock over.
7. Place roasted spatchcocks on top.
8. Garnish with spring onions and serve.
TAKES ABOUT: 30 minutes to cook,
excluding overnight marinating