Adults and children alike will love these bite-sized cookies that are simple to make.
Crumbled Buddha cookies
- 30g extra fine flour
- 70g plain flour
- 50g vegetable oil
- Second dough
- 60g extra fine flour
- 140g plain flour
- 100ml water
- 20g vegetable oil
- 300g red bean paste
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
You can replace the filling with lotus paste or crushed pineapple for different variations of the cookie.
1. To make first dough, knead extra fine flour and plain flour with vegetable oil until dough is no longer sticky.
2. To make second dough, mix extra fine flour and plain flour together and mould into the shape of a volcano. Slowly add water into the middle, followed by vegetable oil.
3. Knead well into a smooth mixture and flatten the dough.
4. Wrap the second dough round the first dough.
5. Press it down and roll it out. Make 3 folds thrice.
6. Roll the dough into a 10cm x 30cm rectangular shape of 3cm thickness.
7. Roll red bean paste till bar-shape.
8. Place red bean paste across the length of the dough.
9. Roll the dough over the red bean paste once and tighten. Cut the excess dough.
10. Cut the rolled pastry into 5cm slices.
11. Make 4 separate slits on each side of the slices to shape it like an open palm.
12. Glaze with egg yolk. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180Â° Celsius.
TAKES ABOUT: 15 minutes to prepare,
15 minutes to bake