- 6-8g tamarind paste
- 21/2 tsp sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pepper (according to preference)
- 21/2 tbsp water
- 20 large prawns, trim off sharp points
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 sprigs Chinese parsley, as garnish
1. Mix tamarind paste, sugar, salt, pepper and water well. Marinate prawns and set aside for at least 1 hour.
2. Remove tamarind seeds from marinated
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan then stir-fry prawns until the colour changes.
4. Garnish with Chinese parsley.
TAKES ABOUT: 10 minutes,
excluding marinating time.
COSTS ABOUT: $10.00
Only fresh seafood, meat or vegetables should be used for steaming. Also, use less seasoning and less oil for a healthier choice. As high fire produces high steam power, you can cook food faster and prevent loss of essential nutrients. For home cooking and the health conscious, try the multitier cooking method. Fill the bottom layer with soup instead of water, top with meat, seafood, followed by vegetables.